Holy Basil/Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum L.) is native throughout the world tropics and widespread as a cultivated plant and an escaped weed. It is cultivated for religious and medicinal purposes and for its essential oil. Tulsi is an important symbol in many Hindu religious traditions, which link the plant with Goddess figure. The name ‘Tulsi in Sanskrit means ‘the incomparable one’. Tulsi is considered to be an adaptogen, balancing different processes in the body, and helpful for adapting to stress. Marked by its strong aroma and astringent taste, it is regarded in Ayurveda as a kind of ‘elixir of life’ and believed to promote longevity. Tulsi extracts are used in Ayurvedic remedies for common colds, headaches, stomach disorders, inflammation, heart disease, various forms of poisoning and malaria.
Traditionally, Tulsi (O. sanctum L.) is taken in many forms, as herbal tea, dried powder or fresh leaf. For centuries, the dried leaves of Tulsi have been mixed with stored grains to repel insects. With so many uses, it is not surprising that ‘Holy Basil +’ is thusly called a ‘God-sent’ made for you by Inner Engineering.
1. Holy Basil + in tea controls your metabolism and helps your body absorb essential nutrients. It helps boost your digestive system which is important for losing weight quickly.
2. It has zero calories that boost your stamina.
3. It helps in skin brightening, in curing skin infections and any sort of skin allergies.
4. Vitamin C & A and phytonutrients are essential oils that are found in Tulsi, which are used as excellent antioxidants that protect the body from premature ageing.
5. It helps in treating insect bites, fever, common cold, sore throat, headaches, kidney stones, Asthma and even heart-diseases.
6. Protects you from respiratory tract infections.
7. It helps manage stress levels.
8. It can act as a catalyst to help quit smoking.